Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Orange-striped Office-Mates

Mike took this photo of me at my desk with a cat on either side of me. He thinks it's pretty funny the way the cats have "arranged" my workspace to suit themselves. Actually, this crazy set-up has just sort of evolved over the past week or so.

First, Scout was being a super-pest, always wanting to be in my lap while I'm trying to work. Then Jack would get up on my desk and squeeze himself behind my laptop (where it's warm) and lay on top of the wires and cables for a nap. After awhile I was tired of Scout being on my lap all the time so I opened up one of the top side drawers on my desk and placed a folded blanket in it. She took to it immediately.

Well, it wasn't long before Jack started bulldozing his way onto Scout's spot and then Scout was back to insisting on sitting on my lap.

The other top side drawer was opened, another blanket folded up and placed there, and now they are both happy. Anytime I'm in the office, they are, too. Now, if I could just get them to help me with some of my work!

When I've had enough of the computer I like to relax with a piece of needlework like this:
Just one of my many in-work projects!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hahahahahahaaha!! Love it love it love it. Cats do the ruling, don't they? As does my dog ... The cross-stitch is coming out nicely. It's cool the way you have so many different handcraft projects going on. You're an inspiration, girlfriend!

Queenly Things said...

I wonder the cats do when left unattended with the computer. They could be running the world and we don't know it.