Thursday, October 23, 2008

No Creature can Sleep like a Cat

I was inspired by my niece, Jenny, who posted this photo of her cat, Foxy, deep in slumber as only a cat can sleep.

It reminded me of the (literally) thousands of photos I've taken of my cats while they're sleeping 'cuz they're just so dang cute! Below are two of my faves of my lil' female orange tabby, Scout.

A soft blankie, a warm rock, cats have an uncanny ability to find the most comfortable spot in the house or garden for a nap.

I can't even tell you how many hours I've spent fulfilling my very important role as "cat mattress."

Well, and after all, what could be more rewarding?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Debbie. I actually took pictures of Ajax today too. He was sleeping in the front bedroom with the sun shinning down on him and had his head on one of dad's shoes. Didn't look too comfortable, but he was enjoying it. Loved your blog. Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

HER MOUTH'S ALL SQUISHED UP!!! Those are hysterical!

J Fo said...

That first one is SO funny! I love how she is all spread eagle. Cute!

Susan said...

Oh, my gosh, Deb, those are the cutest! How on earth did you get them without her waking?