Thursday, October 2, 2008

Holiday Mystery Gifts Knit-along

I recently got involved in the Holiday Mystery Gifts knit-along via yahoogroups and we're having a Blast! Here is a pic of the current mystery project:
What is it? I don't know yet!! The guesses among the knitters have been absolutely wild as you can imagine; I mean, look at the shape of it so far, lol! For these mystery projects we are given clues for 7 days. Each clue has a portion of the knitting pattern, so you knit each portion over the 7 days. At the end of the week we will have a completed . . . . something or other!

Also, twice a week new knitting and crocheting patterns are posted. You pick the ones you want to make and go for it. All the designs are originals created by members of the group, and all are suitable to be given as gifts, so doing this now, with Christmas coming couldn't be better timing!

If you enjoy knitting or crocheting at all you'll definitely want to come join the fun. It's a great, and very friendly and helpful, group of ladies, and a fantastic way to improve your knitting skills. There's always someone to help you over a rough spot in a pattern, or to give advice on yarn and needles, plus there's a big gallery of photos of completed and in-progress projects.

I'm tellin' ya, you'll love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin good. I used to love knitting and doing Cross Stitch. Its been quite awhile, but I do have some heirlooms for my kids. :)

Terry Sailingknitter said...

Love the color you choose for your SLIPPERS! Hahahahah! I hope you'll join us for the next couple of Mystery knitalongs! Sure wish I could have a slice of that bread, but nooooooooo, I'm a celiac so no wheat for me. ;o(
Sailingknitter