Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things I'm Grateful for Today

a special, enclosed garden that my cats and I enjoy every day, and that helps me slow down, reflect, and enjoy each moment of each day

the lovely young woman our son is marrying on Saturday

the soothing breeze that comes up each evening, from the Carquinez Strait, to cool down our non-airconditioned home each night

Kohl's Department Store, who had just the right "foundation garments" to wear under my dress as "mother-of-the-groom" for said wedding

safe travel for our younger son, from China back to the U.S., to be Best Man at his brother's wedding

my husband, who didn't scold me for buying him a new white dress shirt just because I thought the one he already has is just a teensy bit grayish

the cutest little clutch that will be the perfect purse to carry at the wedding

my mom and dad for hosting 8 or more people at their home so that we can all enjoy the wedding without the expense of a hotel room

an invitation to tea in late June with the Westcoast Scrappers

my sister, Denise, for doing all the work (including getting the pint-sized tux) so her son, Adam, can be ring-bearer in the wedding

Crystal Light pink lemonade

my sister, Lisa, who affirmed that it was ok for me not to get my underarms waxed even though I'll be wearing a sleeveless dress for the wedding

flip-flops

my in-laws, Art and Betty, who wish so much that they could attend the wedding and send their Best Wishes to the bride and groom

pedicures

a brand-new wedding band for me that exactly matches my husband's (to replace the one that I lost a couple of years ago)

sunless bronzer by L'Oreal

my cousin, Laurel, who just moved to Benicia (how great is it to have family in town??) and who will look in on my kitty-babies while we are off to the wedding

micro-wave popcorn

gift cards because they make gift-giving SO easy

seedless watermelon -- it makes dieting so much nicer

my dad who will bless the rings of our son and new daughter-in-law

mockingbirds, hummingbirds, and squirrels, all of which my cats love to watch in the garden, and I love to TRY to photograph

family members making time to come to the wedding even though there are lots of other things going on in their lives

digital cameras, and the realization that I don't need to worry about taking photos at the wedding because Jeff Fassett of Fassett Weddings Photography will be there, wooohoooooooo!

two orange tabby cats urging me to come to bed. . . .

No comments: