Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Friday - or - Doing Our Part for the Economy

(left to right, back: Jen, Karen, Mom (peeking!), Denise; front: Lisa, Kristen and Jenny.)
One of the holiday traditions in my family is the Mom&Daughters shopping trip on Black Friday while the Dads do something fun with the kids (this year they went go-kart riding). We have been doing this for years and even though we are all cutting back on our spending this year my mom, my sisters and I still made our annual trek to the mall.

We went to The Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, California, and as you can see from the photo we did do SOME damage to our wallets!

We also had a fun lunch together, enjoyed the valet parking, and got in some always enjoyable sister-time. This is the first time in several years that all 5 of us sisters were here so it was an extra-special day! Included in the trip was Karen's friend, Jen, and Denise's daughter, Jenny. I am not in the photo since I was behind the camera so here is a photo of me from the following day when Mike and I took a drive to the southern cali coast:I hope you all had an equally wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

1 comment:

Mary Bradley Black said...

Aaaah, the ocean! Puts a smile on my face too. LOL Looks like a good time was had by all.
Smiles,
Mary