Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day so what else should I do but upload a photo of my mom!?!? Here she is in one of my favorite old photos taken during the 70's when the Carol Brady hair was the IN style! Very glamorous! We lived in Redondo Beach at that time in a yellow house on Fisk Lane and during the summers my mom would take all five of us kids (plus friends!) to the beach just about every weekday while my dad was at work. We had a blast! My mom would pack a great big picnic lunch of tuna & Miracle Whip sandwiches on homemade wheat bread, fruit (I especially remember green grapes), and homemade chocolate chip cookies. YUM! Such great memories. Just one of the many things that my mom did for her family while I was growing up (she also made just about ALL the clothes we three girls wore). I had a very happy childhood and, since the mom is the heart of the home, she is very much responsible for that. My dad played his own big part, just in a different way, which you will hear about next month on Father's Day.

Thanks, Mom, for my chocolate-chip-coookie-childhood. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: