Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Digital Card

This is the front of the card I made for my dad for Father's Day. It's a modified version of a layout I made recently featuring my dad and me and using one of my Father's Day digital photo masks (which you can still get, free, right here at the Webajeb blog). The black-and-white photo is from 1969. I modified the mask by simply changing the landscape-oriented rectangle to a one in portrait format. I popped in a piece of digital paper by Vinnie Pearce, which I also modified a bit in order to fit the square paper onto the rectangle-shaped card without losing much of the fun pattern in the opposing corners.

I really like how it turned out, and my dad was very pleased when it arrived in the mail. I'm going to print a copy for myself and frame it.

Just another reason why I love digital scrapbooking! I've sent off the card I made and my dad has it now. But I still have the digital file, and can print more copies, use it in a digital layout, change the background paper, if I want, add some fun digital elements, and even journaling. In fact, I think I'll do just that. Then I'll have the perfect layout of that day in 1969 to put into My Book of Me!

Now go and have a great day!

Deb

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hahahahaha I REMEMBER that dress! I remember the yarn hair ribbon too. What memories this brought back. I love the picture and you made a very nice card for it too. I have to agree about the versatility of doing things digitally. :-)

Queenly Things said...

I need to get some lessons from you. That is beautiful.