Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/2008 the Olympic Games in Beijing

This photo was taken almost exactly one year ago. Rodrigo, Michael, and I in front of the Olympic Countdown Clock in Tiananmen Square, the very heart of Beijing. If you were able to read it in this photo you'd see it says 357 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 44 seconds until the 2008 Olympic Games.

And now the day has arrived. (Or, actually, officially arrived yesterday (to us) since China is 15 hours ahead of us. ) The Olympic Stadium, aka the "Bird's Nest," in August of 2007. It was still under construction at this time but still drew huge crowds of people who climbed fences and stood on each other's shoulders to get a look at it. Today, 91,000 people have filled it in order to watch the Opening Ceremonies.

I'm really looking forward to watching the Opening Ceremonies, and as many of the events as possible. It's the one time I watch televised sports, which I normally consider a waste of time (sorry, Dad). But these are the best athletes in the world, and well worth my time.

So if you're looking for me over the next couple of weeks you'll most likely find me glued to the t.v.

Let the Games begin!!

No comments: