Thursday, January 24, 2008

Warm Flannel for a Baby Quilt

My niece, Heather, is due to have her baby in March. Her baby shower is on the 9th so I've been busy working on a baby quilt for her. I found this adorable safari flannel fabric at the Patchwork Cat and also the stripes and green batik to go with it. Heather is using the safari theme and colors in her baby's nursery (they know it's a Boy) and so I think this quilt will fit right in.
This is the quilt in progress. I'm trying one of those "ragged" quilts where you clip the seams and then wash the quilt, letting the clipped seams fray. They are so cute when they are done! I can't wait to finish it and wash it. It works especially well with flannels and probaby chenille fabrics, too. As you can see it's a VERY simple pattern; just 9.5" squares so it's going together really quickly. And it's FUN!

Every time I get my sewing machine out I wonder why I don't do it more often....
That's Jack. He decided this folded up piece of warm & soft batting was the perfect place for a nap. Yep, he's really that color.

No comments: