Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baby Girl Quilt

As promised here are photos of the second ragged quilt. I loved working with the little girl colors, especially the pink gingham. I have a long-standing love for gingham for some weird reason! These quilts sew up so quickly, you can easily buy the fabric, cut out the squares, sew them together, clip the seams, and wash and dry it all in one day. Gives a great feeling of accomplishment!
I only hung the quilt on my clothesline to take a photo -- these "ragged" quilts have to be put in the dryer in order for the fabric to fray nicely.

This quilt will be sent off to Henderson, Nevada, to my niece Brittany. Her baby girl is due in early March. I can't wait to hear what she and Brandon name the baby, how much she weighs, who she looks like, and all that other fun stuff!

No comments: